BoatBanter.com

-   -   are there any current manufacturers of reasonably priced taffraillogs ? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/7693-there-any-current-manufacturers-reasonably-priced-taffraillogs.html)

Steve September 22nd 03 05:31 PM

are there any current manufacturers of reasonably priced taffrail logs ?

There are still plenty of Walker logs available.. I'm not sure if they are
still in production..

I purchase a Walker, in like new condtion, at a mariners swap meet in
Seattle. It had made a trip to Hawaii in service and returned to Seattle, in
a suit case. It came with everything that was included when it was new.

I paid $175 for it..

I have also seen them on ebay for about the same price but usually there are
missing the spare rotor or line/weight, etc.

BTW. if your looking at older used taffrail logs, Lionel (the toy train
mfg'r) made many of the Walkers (under the Lionel name) during WWII. Don't
be turned off by the label, since they are identical and use the same rotor
as the Walker.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Courtney Thomas September 22nd 03 06:01 PM

are there any current manufacturers of reasonably priced taffraillogs ?

Thank you.
--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny