BoatBanter.com

-   -   Volvo Penta 2002 starter removal (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/76568-volvo-penta-2002-starter-removal.html)

[email protected] December 12th 06 01:49 AM

Volvo Penta 2002 starter removal

Hello,
I would like advice on how to remove the starter of a volvo 2002
diesel.
Access to it is very limited, and uses allen screws from the back.
I wonder if there is a special tool to remove it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Leanne December 12th 06 02:29 AM

Volvo Penta 2002 starter removal

I have a set of Allen wrenches the have a socket to fit 3/8" drive. Real
handy when using a breaker bar or a ratchet.
I think I got mine at Carquest.

Leanne
s/v Fundy

ups.com...