BoatBanter.com

-   -   Identify boat (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/7625-identify-boat.html)

Lars Johansson September 12th 03 02:31 PM

Identify boat

Hi,
I saw an interesting boat in the harbour of Gothenburg, Sweden,the other
day.
It was as sailboat, maybe 35-40 foot. Two masts with one well forward and
the other maybe just aft of midships. Unstayed cat rig, I think.
The hull was odd, the rear was raised, as on oldtime squareriggers. (Is the
term poop deck?)
I remember seeing the boat in some magazine a long time ago.

I searched the web and found the freedom yachts. The name rings bell, but
the hull is wrong.
The boat was German, but the cat rig makes it likly do be American ,does it
not?

Can anyone help me identify this boat?

Thanks
Lars J.

Dick September 12th 03 06:05 PM

Identify boat

I saw an interesting boat in the harbour of Gothenburg, Sweden,the other
day.
It was as sailboat, maybe 35-40 foot. Two masts with one well forward and
the other maybe just aft of midships. Unstayed cat rig, I think.
The hull was odd, the rear was raised, as on oldtime squareriggers. (Is
the
term poop deck?)
I remember seeing the boat in some magazine a long time ago.

I searched the web and found the freedom yachts. The name rings bell, but
the hull is wrong.
The boat was German, but the cat rig makes it likly do be American ,does
it
not?

Can anyone help me identify this boat?

The first freedom 40 looked like what you are describing. On google images
search for freedom 40 and you will see an image of the early freedom 40.

Lars Johansson September 15th 03 08:04 AM

Identify boat

"Dick" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I think that is it, although I don't remeber the big ports on the side
of the aft hull.
But the boat I saw was dark blue so I could have missed that.
Thanks
/Lars J