BoatBanter.com

-   -   Nicholson 32 mast (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/75605-nicholson-32-mast.html)

Jim November 6th 06 02:18 PM

Nicholson 32 mast

I've searched the 'net and cannot find the exact length of the mast on
a Nicholson 32, from keel to masthead. I'm rerigging a hurricane boat
and am looking for a replacement mast as near to the original as
possible. The boat is an MK X, but I understand the standing rigging
never changed on the various models. Anyone happen to have access to
this spec? Thanks.

Wayne.B November 6th 06 02:45 PM

Nicholson 32 mast

On 6 Nov 2006 06:18:59 -0800, "Jim"
wrote:

I've searched the 'net and cannot find the exact length of the mast on
a Nicholson 32, from keel to masthead. I'm rerigging a hurricane boat
and am looking for a replacement mast as near to the original as
possible. The boat is an MK X, but I understand the standing rigging
never changed on the various models. Anyone happen to have access to
this spec? Thanks.

If you call one of the larger sailmakers they may have the dimensions,
at least from the deck up. Unless you are trying to reuse the
original rigging the exact measurements are not crirical. Another
thing to be aware of is that many boats had different mast options
(tall rig/short rig, etc), and that dimensions sometimes changed from
year to year.

Dennis Pogson November 6th 06 03:45 PM

Nicholson 32 mast

Wayne.B wrote:
On 6 Nov 2006 06:18:59 -0800, "Jim"
wrote:

I've searched the 'net and cannot find the exact length of the mast
on a Nicholson 32, from keel to masthead. I'm rerigging a hurricane
boat and am looking for a replacement mast as near to the original as
possible. The boat is an MK X, but I understand the standing rigging
never changed on the various models. Anyone happen to have access to
this spec? Thanks.

If you call one of the larger sailmakers they may have the dimensions,
at least from the deck up. Unless you are trying to reuse the
original rigging the exact measurements are not crirical. Another
thing to be aware of is that many boats had different mast options
(tall rig/short rig, etc), and that dimensions sometimes changed from
year to year.

A scale drawing is available on the Nic 32 Association site, but it does not
give the mast dimensions.

However, using an engineers digital caliper, I make this to be approx 42ft
from keel to cap, and approx 36ft from deck to cap.

Hope this is sufficent to enable you to make a decision.

Dennis.