BoatBanter.com

-   -   Carolina Skiff (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/7525-carolina-skiff.html)

Vvmfuno August 22nd 03 11:50 PM

Carolina Skiff

I am looking at the j16. The hull looks like it will only be good in flat
water- like lakes. IS the boat OK for the Chesapeake Bay?

Jere Lull August 23rd 03 04:17 AM

Carolina Skiff

Vvmfuno wrote:

I am looking at the j16. The hull looks like it will only be good in flat
water- like lakes. IS the boat OK for the Chesapeake Bay?

Depends on what you want to use it for, where you want to go. There are
a lot of places on the Bay where a boat like that would be pretty good
for transport to a beach or fishing; others that I wouldn't want to go
near except in pristine conditions.

--
Jere Lull

RichH August 26th 03 10:18 PM

Carolina Skiff

The J16 on the Ches. is used for mainly 'protected' bays, rivers etc.
You dont see many in the middle of the bay when a "chop" (15+kt) is
running. Not enough freeboard to be an all-around bay boat IMHO... nice
boats though.