Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Osmosis on topsides

Hi,

I viewed a 1983 Vancouver 32 recently that had osmotic blistering
covering about 4 feet of the topsides below the teak cap rail on both
port & starboard aft quarters. There are no blisters or signs of
osmosis below the waterline.

I'm concerned as to what might be causing these blisters, there are no
visual clues. The deck joins the hull underneath the cap rail and
maybe moisture has entered here?

Has anyone seen anything similar before?

Thanks,
Peter

Topsides and Decks Maxprop ASA 12 March 29th 06 04:01 PM
Topsides and Decks katy ASA 0 March 25th 06 02:42 PM
Portable Reverse Osmosis bg4a General 1 October 17th 04 05:45 PM
Can someone tell me where I can buy a hand operated reverse osmosis water filter for my liferaft Rachel and Steve Cruising 7 July 18th 04 03:08 PM
Sage restoration advice wanted (osmosis) Angus Gratton General 4 November 14th 03 06:04 PM