build in 2004 - 2005.
From what I can gathers not too many boats were sold. Does that mean that
the US boat market is getting a little soft?

Benning Wentworth September 23rd 06 12:11 AM

Newport Boat Shown feedback

Is getting a little soft?

In New England the sailboat market is ................ flat. Problem seems
to be the obstacles in front of the boat owner.

First, find a mooring.. then get screwed by the town, harbor, state, ... or
go to a Marina and meet Joey Boatfingers ( the Mafia has nothing on these
guys ).

In other areas I'm thinking that it isn't as bad. I know someone on the
great lakes and it sure seems better. The marinas are much fairer.

=====

wrote in message
Last week I was at the Newport in the water boat show for the first time.
I was not all that impress. Many sailboats on display shown as new were
build in 2004 - 2005.
From what I can gathers not too many boats were sold. Does that mean that
the US boat market is getting a little soft?