BoatBanter.com

-   -   Air conditioning with sea water cooling (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/7419-air-conditioning-sea-water-cooling.html)

Richard C. Ferryman August 9th 03 12:26 AM

Air conditioning with sea water cooling

I saw a yacht (about 36') recently that had a heating/cooling aircon
in which the primary heat exchanger used pumped sea water rather than
air. The heat exchanger weas tiny compared to the fan unit but the
system was very efficient and current consumption relatively low
(circa 5A). Has anyone any idea who the manufacturer might have been?
Thanks
Richard

SCUBA 11 August 9th 03 02:31 AM

Air conditioning with sea water cooling

http://www.mmair.com/

Keith August 9th 03 12:04 PM

Air conditioning with sea water cooling

Could be any of a dozen or so manufacturers... all use seawater to
cool/heat. Any other clues? Color? Age?

--

Keith
__

Dick Locke August 9th 03 03:31 PM

Air conditioning with sea water cooling

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 00:26:01 +0100, Richard C. Ferryman
wrote:

.. Has anyone any idea who the manufacturer might have been?
Thanks
Richard

Cruiseaire?

Richard C. Ferryman August 9th 03 08:35 PM

Air conditioning with sea water cooling

This vessel was seen in European waters (Dover, uk) and was flying the
German flag. I never saw the guts of the equipment but it was
effective!
Richard