Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dave Skolnick

Default Vertical clearance ??

Steve wrote:
But, that still leaves me with the question: How do you calculate or adjust
the stated Vertical Clearance when all you have is a chart and a tide
table.

In my example; The charts show a vertical clearance of Hood Canal Bridge,
east span, as 55 ft and the tide table shows a height of 8 ft at the time I
want to pass under it. My mast height is 54' 7", including the VHF
antenna...

You have to know MHW. If it isn't on your tide table, I'd ask the bridge
tender. If he doesn't know, I'd ask him to open up.