BoatBanter.com

-   -   Yanmar YSM 8 engine info sought (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/7350-yanmar-ysm-8-engine-info-sought.html)

Trent D. Sanders July 28th 03 08:08 PM

Yanmar YSM 8 engine info sought

Has anyone out there got any information on the Yanmar YSM 8 engine?
Looking for specs, dimensions, and opinions.

Thanks,

Trent Sanders
S/V Cimba

Lew Hodgett July 29th 03 03:28 AM

"Trent D. Sanders" writes:

Has anyone out there got any information on the Yanmar YSM 8 engine?

It's a one lung, 8 HP max, about 6 HP continuous, low RPM beast with the St
Vitas dance.

As far as I know, Yanmar quit importing them in the late 70's.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

Hmseconomy August 1st 03 09:12 PM

Yanmar YSM 8 engine info sought

Has anyone out there got any information on the Yanmar YSM 8 engine?
Looking for specs, dimensions, and opinions.

Thanks,

Trent Sanders
S/V Cimba

Take a look at Torresen.com, they have everything on just about every engine.

http://www.marinedieseldirect.com/ya...hp?engine=YSM8

Bryn. May 17th 11 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent D. Sanders (Post 68318)
Has anyone out there got any information on the Yanmar YSM 8 engine?
Looking for specs, dimensions, and opinions.

Thanks,

Trent Sanders
S/V Cimba

I have a complete technical information on the Yanmar YSM8
3 Manuals. user manual
Service manual
And parts manual.
I have them on disc and available to anyone who has an ancient Yanmar. I reside in Wales U.K.
Bryn.