I wonder if it is HP that is not producing a decent digital camera or is it
normal to experience this problem when on a sailboat on a hot and humid
day?.

Geoff Schultz August 11th 06 10:01 PM

Digital Camera humidity

wrote in
:

I was sad when I found out the hard way that some of the functions on my
HP R707 did not work when the humidity and heat were high.

I then read the manual and here it was "the camera was made and designed
to operate at 85 % relative humidity and 85 F temperature.

I wonder if it is HP that is not producing a decent digital camera or is
it normal to experience this problem when on a sailboat on a hot and
humid day?.

I've shot thousands of images with my various Olympus digital cameras and
have never had a problem when shooting in the Caribbean in similar
conditions. Dousing the camera is another matter...I think that HP is giving
you the run-around or the just produced a bad product.

-- Geoff

Ron Knapik August 12th 06 12:16 AM

Digital Camera humidity

Same with me, got a canon and never had a problem in Florida or other places
shooting in 95% humidity and temps in the high 90's.

Glenn Ashmore August 12th 06 01:00 AM

Digital Camera humidity

I know I dodged a bullet but last month at Trellis Bay my Olympus C-750 was
left on the cockpit table during a real frog choker while I was ashore.
When I got back to the boat it was as dead as Monty Python's parrot. I
removed the batteries, opened everything that would opened and sat it on the
shelf over the nav station for a day. Next night it was back to normal.
--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message