BoatBanter.com

-   -   Boat chartering in Mallorca. (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/7250-re-boat-chartering-mallorca.html)

Mark Young July 9th 03 02:08 PM

Boat chartering in Mallorca.

Steve,

Most Charter companies would be able to advise you on the actual
requirements but I guess your best bet would be to do RYA Day Skipper, there
are two types Tidal and Non-Tidal. Most UK based companies do the the Tidal
version and those based in the Med do the non-Tidal. I hear that the
non-tidal is not as highly regarded when chartering. The course is in 2
parts a shorebased exam and a 3-4 day practical. See http://www.rya.org.uk/
.. They have a list a companies which are approved to do the training.

Hope this is useful.

Mark

"SNM" wrote in message
Hi Folks
I'd like to charter a smallish cruiser (four to six birth) around
Mallorca for about a week.
I've had a little bit of experience with small speedboats, river boats,
wave runners and that sort of thing but never a cruiser on the sea.
I realise that licences / permits are required for this sort of thing and
that some training is a must.
I'd like to hear from anyone with experience on this matter.
Can I take a course in the UK and obtain a permit / licecnce before hand
that would be valid in the Balearics?
What are the typical costs for a cruiser for about a week?
Know any good charter companies?

Sincerely, Steve