BoatBanter.com

-   -   AIS Engine Implementation on a sailing vessel LINK - Mic (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/68201-ais-engine-implementation-sailing-vessel-link-mic.html)

Mic March 31st 06 10:23 PM

AIS Engine Implementation on a sailing vessel LINK - Mic

http://www.svsarah.com/Sarah/Upgrades/AIS.htm

"In January, 2006 I purchased the NASA AIS Engine at the London Boat
Show from the MailSpeed booth. MailSpeed is a UK mail/internet marine
retailer. This page is a summary of my installation of the AIS engine
and my evaluation of the various displays I have used with the AIS
Engine."

This is the best practical Info. I have seen regarding the
implementaion on a sailing vessel. Seems to be comprehensive, many
"screen capture images".

Mic 67

[email protected] April 1st 06 03:41 AM

AIS Engine Implementation on a sailing vessel LINK - Mic

Way beyond my needs but , a very informative and enlightening post.
Thank you and I hope you will keep us informed as promised.

Pascal April 1st 06 02:15 PM

AIS Engine Implementation on a sailing vessel LINK - Mic

I have read your very well documented experience and it is very usefull
to all of us, sailors interested in AIS.
Thank You

Pascal

Mic April 1st 06 06:48 PM

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:23:36 GMT, (Mic) wrote:

http://www.svsarah.com/Sarah/Upgrades/AIS.htm

MORE INFO
http://www.milltechmarine.com/images/VNS.gif

Larger screen capture of AIS

http://www.nasamarine.com/AIS/AISENGINE.html

The Following is from a forum:

"You can buy the NASA AIS engine on Ebay "Buy it Now" for 119 UK
pounds, which is equivalent to US$207 or AUD$290

The site has a whole range of NASA gear for pretty cheap. I have
purchased from them, and had absolutely no problems (I bought the NASA
Clipper GPS repeater for 75 UK pounds, or US$131

If you are patient, you will probably be able to bid and win the AIS
engine for less than the aforementioned price."

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NASA-A-I-S-EN...cmdZVi ewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NASA-AIS-RADA...cmdZVie wItem
Mic 67