Mike

Default Eberspacher heater pump fault?

Installing a Eberspacher D2 air heater but no action from the pump. Can
any one confirm if I stick 12 volts across the pump connector it should
turn, or does it need a signal from the heater unit?

Alec

The one I remember just ticked at about once a second.

They are quite well known for failing.

The tick rate is probably controlled from the heater unit. See if there is
power from the heater unit or possibly pulses of 12v.

Alec

"Mike" wrote in message
Installing a Eberspacher D2 air heater but no action from the pump. Can
any one confirm if I stick 12 volts across the pump connector it should
turn, or does it need a signal from the heater unit?

Pretty sure it needs a signal... Worse, if you turn the unit on and it
doesn't get ignition after three starts it disables itself and can only
be reset with a diagnostic computer! I looked at the schematics once
and brought myself to believe that shorting two leads should clear an
error off the stack but haven't needed to test it yet. I've been
really disappointed with mine and with the service/installation that
I've gotten from the dealers down here in Australia and New Zealand.
YMMV, of course.

-- Tom.

R.W. Behan

Yeah, I hate to add to the negative noise about Espar heaters, but we've
been delighted with taking ours out and replacing it with a Webasto.
Dick Behan
M/V "Annie"

Bilge Pump Upgrade Marc Boat Building 21 March 10th 06 02:59 AM
Adding an electrical bilge pump [email protected] Boat Building 18 February 4th 06 08:03 PM
Adding an electrical bilge pump [email protected] Cruising 15 February 4th 06 08:03 PM
Diesel heater opinions wanted Roger Long Cruising 24 January 16th 06 11:40 PM
Webasto DBW 2010 Coolant Heater safety recall: [email protected] General 0 October 5th 05 05:54 AM