BoatBanter.com

-   -   John Alden design (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/66392-john-alden-design.html)

Gordon February 10th 06 05:46 AM

John Alden design

Am looking at a John Alden 32' cedar over oak. This is a full keel with 8'6" beam. Weighs in at 12,500. Built in 1949. This is a narrow hull compared to more modern designs.
My question is, what are the handling and ride differences with a narrower hull compared to say a 10'6" beam with full keel? For instance, a Gulf 32 at 16000#.
Thanks
Gordon
--

Ask not for whom the terrorist bell tolls; it tolls for thee, and thee, and thee--for decent, innocent people everywhere.