BoatBanter.com

-   -   Keel Shield (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/65859-keel-shield.html)

Mic January 29th 06 06:19 PM

Keel Shield

http://www.sailnet.com/collections/g...nd%20Outboards

"Most products that purport to do a number of things perform all their
assigned tasks with indifference at best."

http://www.marine-products.com/boat_...eel_guards.jsp

http://keelshield.com/
http://keelshield.com/index.php?id=8
Before & After
http://keelshield.com/index.php?id=7
Installation Instructions
_______________

This is not "advocating" anything.....
Mic'67

Wayne.B January 30th 06 03:35 AM

Keel Shield

I believe these are designed for beachable power boats.

Is that correct in your experience?

rhys January 30th 06 04:15 AM

Keel Shield

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:35:35 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

I believe these are designed for beachable power boats.

Is that correct in your experience?

Well, I just epoxied three overlapping strips of FG cloth to the
dinged center strake of my Zodiac RIB, and that cost me about $20 and
90 minutes work over two days.

This spring, I will paint a barrier coat over the bottom and then
apply antifouling as zebra mussels have started.

This Keel Shield seems excessive and a little ugly. When I am finished
with it, my "retrofit" will look as if it was there originally.

R.