Meach

Default AC--DC converter for setting up a home "boat"

I am trying to find an AC-DC converter so I can turn my enclosed porch
into a "boat". I would like to run some marine cabin lights, a VHF,
and eventually a SSB radio. Has anyone done this and can recommend a
particular converter?

Thanks.

Bruce in Alaska

In article .com,
"Meach" wrote:

I am trying to find an AC-DC converter so I can turn my enclosed porch
into a "boat". I would like to run some marine cabin lights, a VHF,
and eventually a SSB radio. Has anyone done this and can recommend a
particular converter?

Thanks.

Numar makes some of the best Rgulated Powersupplies in the Marine
Industry.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
Dennis Pogson

Meach wrote:
I am trying to find an AC-DC converter so I can turn my enclosed
porch into a "boat". I would like to run some marine cabin lights, a
VHF, and eventually a SSB radio. Has anyone done this and can
recommend a particular converter?

Thanks.

These porches do not sail well, and tend to sink unexpectedly. I would
strongly advise you to go to a broker and look at his list of boats.

Dennis.

Meach

Upwind I agree with you, but down wind, porches actually can plane and
exceed hull speed.

A great way to try out the system and be more nautical: Power it using
a battery, then drive your car up to it for an hour a day to recharge
the battery. Maybe augment the charging system with a solar panel or
windmill tied to an alternator.
Just a question, why are you doing this?

Meach

The main reason I am doing this is because I don't have a boat right
now and want to mess around with some boat electronics and just to make
one part of my home more nautical.

I would like to add some solar/wind augmentation and perhaps do a
battery. However the porch is on the second floor so charging daily is
a pain. I guess I could have a battery and a converter and a switch
which controls where the power comes from.

That way I could store up solar/wind power use it, then switch to house
ac and charge the battery again regarless of how long it takes.

Bruce in Alaska

In article . com,
"Meach" wrote:

The main reason I am doing this is because I don't have a boat right
now and want to mess around with some boat electronics and just to make
one part of my home more nautical.

I would like to add some solar/wind augmentation and perhaps do a
battery. However the porch is on the second floor so charging daily is
a pain. I guess I could have a battery and a converter and a switch
which controls where the power comes from.

That way I could store up solar/wind power use it, then switch to house
ac and charge the battery again regarless of how long it takes.

Apply for a Maritime Mobile Support Station License and you'll be
covered for all your intended uses.........

Bruce in alaska haven't applied for one of these in a few years....
--
add a 2 before @
Earl Colby Pottinger

"Meach" :

The main reason I am doing this is because I don't have a boat right
now and want to mess around with some boat electronics and just to make
one part of my home more nautical.

I would like to add some solar/wind augmentation and perhaps do a
battery. However the porch is on the second floor so charging daily is
a pain. I guess I could have a battery and a converter and a switch
which controls where the power comes from.

That way I could store up solar/wind power use it, then switch to house
ac and charge the battery again regarless of how long it takes.

How attached is the porch to the house? After all some extra attachment
hardware, a couple of jacks and two large pontoons and you get the best of
both worlds.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to