boater435

Default Trawlers and Slow boats group

I am starting a discussion group on Trawlers, Small diesel boats. The
best way to go with these fuel prices. Topics could include
Maintenance, repair, upgrades, restoration and just good old anything
topics. Owners and fans of Albin, Grandbanks, Mainship, Cape Dory and
others please join and join in. This group can be fun, knowledgable,
and hopefully a little addicting.
I belonged to a group on Catalina 30's when I owned one. The info I
received was invaluable. I miss that group and want get this on going.
I own an Albin 27 Aft Cabin. Search Trawlers and join then join in.
Thanks, Paul (Cape Cod, MA)

R.W. Behan

Hey, Paul,

Great idea, but I came up empty searching for "Trawlers." Where did I goof?

We have a Lord Nelson Victory Tug that ought to qualify. She makes about 7
knots at cruising rpm, maybe 9 max. Just back from Alaska, we burned 520
gallons of diesel running 508 hours. That's a gallon/hour, if you're
willing to round off a bit.

Displacement boats offer a distinctively different kind of experience to a
different mindset. Let's trade tips and techniques.

Cheers,

Dick
LNVT "Annie"

"boater435" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am starting a discussion group on Trawlers, Small diesel boats. The
best way to go with these fuel prices. Topics could include
Maintenance, repair, upgrades, restoration and just good old anything
topics. Owners and fans of Albin, Grandbanks, Mainship, Cape Dory and
others please join and join in. This group can be fun, knowledgable,
and hopefully a little addicting.
I belonged to a group on Catalina 30's when I owned one. The info I
received was invaluable. I miss that group and want get this on going.
I own an Albin 27 Aft Cabin. Search Trawlers and join then join in.
Thanks, Paul (Cape Cod, MA)

DSK

boater435 wrote:
I am starting a discussion group on Trawlers, Small diesel boats.

There is really nothing new under the sun

http://lists.samurai.com/pipermail/t...nd-trawlering/

For another thing, trawlers have always been welcome at either of the
usenet groups you posted this notice to.

Regards
Doug King

boater435

The top search bar, not the one within this group. Type in trawlers and
it will come up. It says related topics then the group name. Thank you
for your interest. Paul,

boater435

Doug, I didn't find another group specific on trawlers.
On Yahoo groups there are group specific one 1 boat maker. I think
having this group would be good for people who don't have an interest
in Searay type boats or go fast boats. I will see if it works anyway.

Anyone interested in joining type trawlers in the top search bar not
the one within this group.

boater435

Sounds like a great boat. What a trip. Thats a trip most people can
only dream of. I would love to trade tips and techniques. Sounds like
you must be in the Seatle or canada area?
Paul (Cape Cod)

DSK

boater435 wrote:
Doug, I didn't find another group specific on trawlers.

???

"Trawlers and trawlering" isn't specific enough fer ya?

Anyway, I'm not trying cast a dark cloud, just pointing out some more
resources. I like usenet better than proprietary web site forums or
mailing lists, it's quicker & easier... the downside is that you have a
free-for-all. This place turns into a nut house some times, or as one of
my friends says, "very bad signal-to-noise ratio."

Fair Skies- Doug King

Keith

Check out http://www.trawlerworld.com/
They have several resources, including a very high quality mail list,
dedicated to trawlers.

Terry Spragg

boater435 wrote:
Doug, I didn't find another group specific on trawlers.
On Yahoo groups there are group specific one 1 boat maker. I think
having this group would be good for people who don't have an interest
in Searay type boats or go fast boats. I will see if it works anyway.

Anyone interested in joining type trawlers in the top search bar not
the one within this group.

Don't forget "trollers" Better boats

http://www.fao.org/figis/servlet/vesseltype?fid=360

Terry K

boater435

Thanks Doug, I didn't find trawlers and trawlering. What is usenet? Is
this another place for group discussion? I got an email from them at
one point, but haven't been on a web site. One thing I am definitely
hoping to avoid is the free for all. I noticed some right wing left
wing stuff and insults to each other. I would like to avoid that. Paul,