BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT New Orleans Poem (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/48727-ot-new-orleans-poem.html)

Harry.Krause September 19th 05 08:01 PM

OT New Orleans Poem

"Down on the levee where tomatoes grow,
Lived an old darkie named New Orleans Joe.
He could do the huckelbuck and the hood-de-do,
Cool mother****er wore a Florshiem shoe".

aaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Don White September 19th 05 08:37 PM

Harry.Krause wrote:
"Down on the levee where tomatoes grow,
Lived an old darkie named New Orleans Joe.
He could do the huckelbuck and the hood-de-do,
Cool mother****er wore a Florshiem shoe".

aaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

note: This is not the real Harry.

Andy P. Jung September 19th 05 11:56 PM

"Don White" wrote in message
Harry.Krause wrote:
"Down on the levee where tomatoes grow,
Lived an old darkie named New Orleans Joe.
He could do the huckelbuck and the hood-de-do,
Cool mother****er wore a Florshiem shoe".

aaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

note: This is not the real Harry.

I see that.

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

MWB September 20th 05 04:22 AM

"Andy P. Jung" wrote in message
"Don White" wrote in message
Harry.Krause wrote:
"Down on the levee where tomatoes grow,
Lived an old darkie named New Orleans Joe.
He could do the huckelbuck and the hood-de-do,
Cool mother****er wore a Florshiem shoe".

aaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

note: This is not the real Harry.

I see that.

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.
(Home of Senator David Vitter)
http://www.JungWorld.com/

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

How are you doing Andy? It is good to hear from you.

Mark

Sanford Manley September 20th 05 04:49 AM

Andy P. Jung said:
"Don White" wrote in message
Harry.Krause wrote:
"Down on the levee where tomatoes grow,
Lived an old darkie named New Orleans Joe.
He could do the huckelbuck and the hood-de-do,
Cool mother****er wore a Florshiem shoe".

aaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

note: This is not the real Harry.

I see that.

Hey Andy!! How did the house in Metairie come
through the storm...were you far enough west to avoid flooding?

--
Sanford M. Manley
No pleasure philosophy, no sensuality,

Andy P. Jung September 20th 05 03:32 PM

"Don White" wrote in message
Harry.Krause wrote:
"Down on the levee where tomatoes grow,
Lived an old darkie named New Orleans Joe.
He could do the huckelbuck and the hood-de-do,
Cool mother****er wore a Florshiem shoe".

aaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

note: This is not the real Harry.

I see that.

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.
(Home of Senator David Vitter)
http://www.JungWorld.com/

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

How are you doing Andy? It is good to hear from you.

Doing fine. The house didn't suffer any significant wind damage but the
first floor got an inch of water.

Andy P. Jung September 20th 05 03:35 PM

"Sanford Manley" wrote in message
Andy P. Jung said:
"Don White" wrote in message
Harry.Krause wrote:
"Down on the levee where tomatoes grow,
Lived an old darkie named New Orleans Joe.
He could do the huckelbuck and the hood-de-do,
Cool mother****er wore a Florshiem shoe".

aaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

note: This is not the real Harry.

I see that.

Hey Andy!! How did the house in Metairie come
through the storm...were you far enough west to avoid flooding?

The house didn't suffer any significant wind damage but the first floor got
an inch of water. If only the pumps were turned on during the storm. I
should be thankful that I live on the western side of the 17th Street Canal.
http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/storms/katrina/24425641.jpg

My house is in the top middle of the picture. Lake Pontchartrain to the
north is on the right. W. Esplanade Ave (with the drainage canal on the
median) to the south is on the left.

ingrid56 September 20th 05 04:39 PM

"Andy P. Jung" wrote in message
"MWB" wrote in message

How are you doing Andy? It is good to hear from you.

Doing fine. The house didn't suffer any significant wind damage but
the
first floor got an inch of water.

You are one of the fortunate ones . . . to a point. Aren't you glad
you and your father decided to leave, tho? Katrina was just too
serious to gamble about staying.

Jack

Barbara Sherrill September 20th 05 08:46 PM

"Andy P. Jung" wrote in message

Hey Andy!! How did the house in Metairie come
through the storm...were you far enough west to avoid flooding?

The house didn't suffer any significant wind damage but the first floor
got an inch of water. If only the pumps were turned on during the storm. I
should be thankful that I live on the western side of the 17th Street
Canal.
http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/storms/katrina/24425641.jpg

My house is in the top middle of the picture. Lake Pontchartrain to the
north is on the right. W. Esplanade Ave (with the drainage canal on the
median) to the south is on the left.

Andy glad you are fine. I am waiting for New Orleans to re open. We were
planning a long weekend there this month. :(

They just announced many resturants may not be re opening. I am really
sadden by all this. Lucky for all of you; that Rita is not coming your way.

Andy P. Jung September 21st 05 04:28 AM

"MWB" wrote in message

How are you doing Andy? It is good to hear from you.

Doing fine. The house didn't suffer any significant wind damage but the
first floor got an inch of water.

You are one of the fortunate ones . . . to a point. Aren't you glad you
and your father decided to leave, tho? Katrina was just too serious to
gamble about staying.

Yeah, amazing that I am 5 for 5.

1992 Andrew - stayed
1998 Georges - stayed
2002 Lili - stayed
2004 Ivan - stayed
2005 Katrina - evacuated

And my dad originally wanted to stay in New Orleans and work at the motel on
Tulane Ave that was flooded with 4 feet of water and looted when he and his
boss managed to get into Orleans Parish Sunday afternoon.

The motel is on the lower right hand corner. The courthouse is two blocks
away.
http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/storms/katrina/24427963.jpg

This was really too close for comfort for me and my neighbors in Metairie.
Just think if the eye wasn't 30 miles to the East of here.