BoatBanter.com

-   -   Wee double-ender? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/48527-wee-double-ender.html)

R.W. Behan September 14th 05 04:38 AM

Wee double-ender?

Does anyone know the make/model of a small double-ender I saw in the San Juan Islands a couple of days ago? It was a sweet little boat, about 18-22 feet in length, sloop rigged, tiller steered, outboard rudder, apparently fiberglass construction, with a small but rather high cabin that may have afforded standing headroom below. (It could also have had a canoe stern, similar to the Hans Christian boats or the Lord Nelson 41--couldn't quite see well enough to be certain.)

Never saw one before, but it did look like a production boat.

???

TIA,

Dick Behan
M/V Annie

Don White September 14th 05 03:37 PM

R.W. Behan wrote:
Does anyone know the make/model of a small double-ender I saw in the San
Juan Islands a couple of days ago? It was a sweet little boat, about
18-22 feet in length, sloop rigged, tiller steered, outboard rudder,
apparently fiberglass construction, with a small but rather high cabin
that may have afforded standing headroom below. (It could also have had
a canoe stern, similar to the Hans Christian boats or the Lord Nelson
41--couldn't quite see well enough to be certain.)

Never saw one before, but it did look like a production boat.
Dick Behan
M/V /Annie/

Look anything like these boats?
http://www.nordicaboats.com/html/nordica-20.html

R.W. Behan September 14th 05 05:25 PM

Don--

Yes, I think it was almost certainly a Nordica 20. I've visited the site
you linked, and enjoyed learning more about the boats. Thanks a million.

Dick Behan

Don White September 14th 05 07:00 PM

R.W. Behan wrote:
Don--

Yes, I think it was almost certainly a Nordica 20. I've visited the site
you linked, and enjoyed learning more about the boats. Thanks a million.

Dick Behan

Glad to help. Lots of the Nordica 20's & Halman 20's from Ontario right
to the Atlantic Coast.

R.W. Behan September 17th 05 04:42 PM

Thanks for the comment. I'm familiar with both the Flicka and Sam Morse's
lovely boat. They ARE a bit pricey, all right, and probably better suited
to blue water sailing than the Nordica. As a former owner of a Westsail 32,
I appreciate both the boats and their capacities, but I learned I was NOT a
blue water sailor. Hence the move to the Victory Tug, and hence my interest
now in the Nordica. It would be a perfect boat for what I like to do:
gunkhole the San Juan Islands under sail. Cheers,

Dick

"ahoy" wrote in message
In a similar vein are the Flicka and the 22' Falmouth Cutter. I was
aboard the Falmouth and it was an amazingly built craft. An guy no
longer young by any means had sailed it from Alaska to the Sea of
Cortes in Baja, Mex with no major problems. (other than the standard
discomfort of a boat that's too damn small). I think it was a $60k
boat though. But nice. I once saw one used in a far away land for
$25k. Have fun.