BoatBanter.com

-   -   Telltales Improve Your Sailing Performance (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/47674-telltales-improve-your-sailing-performance.html)

Mic August 27th 05 05:08 AM

Telltales Improve Your Sailing Performance

http://www.jasperandbailey.com/tech/news.html

How To Install Telltales

How To Read Telltales

READING MAINSAIL TELLTALES

"Some old salts refer to telltales as training wheels, preferring
instead to watch the luffs of their sails as a guide to trimming sails
and steering the boat. Yet telltales provide a far more accurate
indication of optimum sail trim and course to steer than do the sails
themselves."

http://www.jasperandbailey.com/pdfs/articleboat.pdf

Guide to Sail Trim

http://www.jasperandbailey.com/pdfs/articlecheck.pdf

Trouble Shooting Sail Trim

Jere Lull August 31st 05 03:12 AM

In article ,
(Mic) wrote:

READING MAINSAIL TELLTALES

"Some old salts refer to telltales as training wheels, preferring
instead to watch the luffs of their sails as a guide to trimming sails
and steering the boat. Yet telltales provide a far more accurate
indication of optimum sail trim and course to steer than do the sails
themselves."

We regularly pass those "old salts" as I study our full suite of
telltails.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages: