BoatBanter.com

-   -   Wackless Lassie - a dingy of sorts.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/47626-wackless-lassie-dingy-sorts.html)

Mic August 26th 05 02:37 PM

Wackless Lassie - a dingy of sorts....

http://www.simplicityboats.com/wackless.html

"This is my version of Fritz Funk's Wackie Lassie, which he designed
based on Rushton's Wee Lassie. He builds them with school kids in
Juneau Alaska. Check out his site. Great stuff there! He uses "Wackie
Noodles" the ubiquitous kids foam pool toys for the gunnels - hence
the name."

I like this design that takes about 1 plus 1/2 sheet of 1/4" plywood.

XXXXXXXXXX

http://www.simplicityboats.com/index.html

Many small boat designs you can build....

_____________________________________

bob August 26th 05 09:10 PM

Thats not wackless, thats just plain wacky...
bob, friend to capt neal and other like minded men of the sea.

[email protected] August 26th 05 11:54 PM

I am impressed. How does she paddle?

Mic August 27th 05 02:07 AM

On 26 Aug 2005 15:54:04 -0700, wrote:

I am impressed. How does she paddle?

Hummm....???? Havent built one yet? But I like the concept.

Those floatation are cheap and effective. Sort of like the dingy dog
concept I posted a while ago. The floatation could be 2 liter cola
bottles in a mesh attached to the side, too.

Here is a better link on this craft with building photos...

http://www.alaska.net/~fritzf/Boats/...cky_Lassie.htm

Enjoy.....
\