BoatBanter.com

-   -   painting underside of freshwater craft? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/47594-painting-underside-freshwater-craft.html)

WKR August 25th 05 07:01 PM

painting underside of freshwater craft?

We have a Rinker 232.Do I need to have the hull painted if the craft will be
used only in freshwater rivers and lakes? AFAIK painting is only for Seasalt
fairing vessels.Any truth to this?
Thanks for reading and any constructive replies.
Wayne

Waterford,NY

Jere Lull August 26th 05 02:54 AM

In article ,
"WKR" wrote:

We have a Rinker 232.Do I need to have the hull painted if the craft will be
used only in freshwater rivers and lakes? AFAIK painting is only for Seasalt
fairing vessels.Any truth to this?
Thanks for reading and any constructive replies.
Wayne

Waterford,NY

If you only put it in for a day at a time, bare is fine. If you keep it
in for more than about a week, you'll want some anti-fouling

That's true for fresh water or salt.

--
Jere Lull