BoatBanter.com

-   -   compulsary mediterranean insurance? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/47016-compulsary-mediterranean-insurance.html)

neil August 6th 05 03:27 PM

compulsary mediterranean insurance?

hello i have a 1949 wooden sailing yacht currently moored in portugal
which i sailed across from the caribbean in last year. i'm looking at
cruising along the spanish coast during september and have read that
insurance is compulsary. i don't have a recent survey and can't find
any basic liability insurance to cover me. does anyone know if i'm
liable to be asked for my cover note? (i'm bypassing gibralter and
won't be going further than baleirics. thanks in advance....