BoatBanter.com

-   -   Honda BF-10 specs/info (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/46443-honda-bf-10-specs-info.html)

[email protected] July 19th 05 03:40 PM

Honda BF-10 specs/info

hi,

does anyone have any background or specifications on the Honda BF-10
4-stroke outboard? in particular what years was it produced, and what
kind of actual horsepower does it put out (yeah i know it says 10 but
is it really 10 or is it less, can you guess why i'm asking?)

thanks for any info anyone can provide. Cheers,

-CB

rhys July 19th 05 04:57 PM

On 19 Jul 2005 07:40:11 -0700, wrote:

hi,

does anyone have any background or specifications on the Honda BF-10
4-stroke outboard? in particular what years was it produced, and what
kind of actual horsepower does it put out (yeah i know it says 10 but
is it really 10 or is it less, can you guess why i'm asking?)

thanks for any info anyone can provide. Cheers,

-CB

Here's a forum on the BF-100 (proper designation, by the way).

http://www.voile.org/forumvav32/read...=2&i=806&t=806

and here is a link to download the manual as a PDF

http://www.honda-marine.com/mar_pages/bf100.aspx

It's a good engine and easy to tinker with. I have one from the early
'80s on my Zodiac RIB and I can get it on the plane with the use of a
Doel fin.

R.

[email protected] July 19th 05 05:54 PM

thank you very much for these comments, this is exactly what i needed.
cheers,

-CB