Default Fixed docks and hurricanes

During hurricane season, fixed docks make me crazy as there is no good
way to either keep your boat from beating itself to death against the
pilings or when the storm surge really goes up impaling itself on the
pilings. What a stupid situation.

So......What we really need is a sort of ratcheting device that keeps
your boat centered between pilings based on the differential tension on
docklines. It'd be spring loaded to either take line in or let it out
depending on differential load. It'd require no power of course. It'd
allow your boat to rise or fall a lot to take up storm surge but would
keep her centered 'tween pilings. The real problem I see is how to
attach said device to the boat and every boat differs. Fitting it
would be empirical for each situation and I assume it would be kinda
expensive.
What Y'all think?

*JimH*

"Red Cloud©" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 14:07:35 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

"John Jay" wrote in message
It is good to see you finally admit you only have one boat.

The truth will set you free. ; )

"HarryKrause" wrote in message
[...]

I think I'll do what I did last time: store my boat on the high and
dry.

--
If it is Bad for Bush,
It is Good for the United States.

So now we finally have proof that there is no custom made 36 foot lobster
boat, just that modest 25 foot fishing boat.

Sooner or later all liars get caught in their lies.

Did you get that "proof" notarized and certified?

Yes.

And who in ther
right mind really cares if Krause has one leaky canoe or a fleet of
new Hinkley's?

rusty redcloud

No one. However it was nice to see the liar get tripped up in his own lies.

Now who (besides you) in *their* right mind really cares if I care if Krause

"John Jay" wrote in message
[...]

How about YOUR lies, Jim?

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...

"John Jay" wrote in message
[...]

========

What lies Kevin?

*JimH*

I apologize for crossposting this. I did not realize it was also posting to
your forum. Sorry.