BoatBanter.com

-   -   Rental Motorboat Maintenance and A/C (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/38405-rental-motorboat-maintenance-c.html)

Richard Kaplan May 17th 05 11:10 PM

Rental Motorboat Maintenance and A/C

For the second year in a row I have chartered a 3-day family vacation as a
combined instructional charter and cruise, i.e. I go on vacation with my
family while a captain helps me with the boat.

Last year I did this in a 42 foot trawler; this year it is a 54 foot
Bluewater.

For the second year in a row air conditioning has been inop on the boat and
the rental school seems to think this is a typical occurrence in the boating
world and something a renter should just take in stride.

Perhaps I need to recalibrate my expectations. Or perhaps the school does.
I do not know which.

If a boat is advertised as "luxury accommodations" and is taken on a 3-day
instruction/charter cruise costing several thousand dollars, is lack of A/C
an expected occurrence and non-issue?