BoatBanter.com

-   -   Anyone knows French internet store NavAstro? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/27807-anyone-knows-french-internet-store-navastro.html)

Mika February 5th 05 08:18 PM

Anyone knows French internet store NavAstro?

Noticed French internet store NavAstro which has fairly good
selection of inexpensive plastic sextants.Something I have been
looking for as I am practising celestial navigation. And there is
additional benefit of them being within the EU so there will be no
import taxes..

http://www.navastro.fr

Just to be sure before placing an order... has anyone done business
with them? Happy with service?

¨regards,
Mike

Glendon February 5th 05 10:07 PM

" Mika" wrote in message

Noticed French internet store NavAstro which has fairly good
selection of inexpensive plastic sextants.Something I have been
looking for as I am practising celestial navigation. And there is
additional benefit of them being within the EU so there will be no
import taxes..

http://www.navastro.fr

Just to be sure before placing an order... has anyone done business
with them? Happy with service?

¨regards,
Mike

Just looking at the site, they are outrageously expensive, around twice the
price elsewhere. Would take a lot of freight and duty to make that up.

Check out the Celestaire site, for example.

Also, there is a bloke selling new Astra's on Ebay for less than their price
for a Davis 25.

rhys February 6th 05 03:41 AM

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:07:31 GMT, "Glendon"
wrote:

Also, there is a bloke selling new Astra's on Ebay for less than their price
for a Davis 25.

Tally-ho! If this looks good, maybe I can beat the situation with the
80 cents U.S. Canadian dollars (means a $500 Astra IIIB costs over
$600 Canadian)

R.