BoatBanter.com

-   -   Foul Weather gear for $70 at costco. (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/25319-foul-weather-gear-%2470-costco.html)

Investcom November 19th 04 06:27 AM

Foul Weather gear for $70 at costco.

It's a 2 piece nylon suit, in red with black trim. Made in China, all the
features you would expect, probably OK for coastal cruising, but certainly not
offshore stuff.

My jacket has some bad stitching and I will try to swap it for a better suit
tomorow.

JAXAshby November 19th 04 12:09 PM

I know a guy who bought $8 nylon pants at Sears and then spray painted them
with 3M Waterproofing for fabric. Said it would last through about 8 or 9
washings.

The guy may have been full of ****, for he was most certainly full of ****
about his (virtually non-existent) experience.

But it might be worth a try.

Don White November 19th 04 11:32 PM

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
JAXAshby wrote:
I know a guy who bought $8 nylon pants at Sears and then spray painted

them
with 3M Waterproofing for fabric.

How long did the two of you date?

That would be a fetching couple...Jax in his speedo and his buddy in the $8
track pants.

Don White November 20th 04 04:53 AM

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
doony, that was a ****head response well beyond your normal.

ooops...forgot where I was for a moment.
The comment would be legit in wrecked boats...but probably not here.