BoatBanter.com

-   -   Serious Music While Cruising (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/22498-serious-music-while-cruising.html)

anchorlt September 8th 04 05:41 PM

Serious Music While Cruising

Over the years I have collected numerous classical music CD's and now
am finding new composers on the internet, through "Rhapsody," from
which I download and burn onto blank CD's, at a fraction of cost of a
CD in stores and numerous more selections.

If you are at all familiar with the better known composers, such as
Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Dvorak and Brahms, etc., you will find many
new and barely known or undiscovered composers, i.e., John Fiell, N.
Medtner, Caludio Arrau, etc., etc.

Playing music while cruising is a wonderful way to learn about the
pleasures and beauties of sounds and the magnificent inventiveness of
composers.

Jere Lull September 9th 04 07:37 AM

In article ,
(anchorlt) wrote:

Over the years I have collected numerous classical music CD's and now
am finding new composers on the internet, through "Rhapsody," from
which I download and burn onto blank CD's, at a fraction of cost of a
CD in stores and numerous more selections.

If you are at all familiar with the better known composers, such as
Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Dvorak and Brahms, etc., you will find many
new and barely known or undiscovered composers, i.e., John Fiell, N.
Medtner, Caludio Arrau, etc., etc.

Playing music while cruising is a wonderful way to learn about the
pleasures and beauties of sounds and the magnificent inventiveness of
composers.

Even better is shutting the noise box off and listening to the sounds of
Momma sliding past. Ain't no better composer.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages: