BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bayliner 3270/3288 Info (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/22100-bayliner-3270-3288-info.html)

jim August 29th 04 08:31 PM

Bayliner 3270/3288 Info

Looking at an older Bayliner 3270 with the Nissan 90 hp diesels. Is
anyone out there familiar with the performance and fuel consumption of
this model/engine combination? I would expect the fuel economy to be
quite good, but worried about boat being underpowered. I don't need
to go "fast". So that is not an issue, but will the boat even get on
plane with twin 90hp engines? Will I be able to see what's ahead of
me from the inside helm? Finally, any opinions on this boat, or known
common problems that I should look out for?

Wayne.B August 30th 04 04:12 AM

On 29 Aug 2004 12:31:08 -0700, (jim) wrote:
Looking at an older Bayliner 3270 with the Nissan 90 hp diesels. Is
anyone out there familiar with the performance and fuel consumption of
this model/engine combination? I would expect the fuel economy to be
quite good, but worried about boat being underpowered. I don't need
to go "fast". So that is not an issue, but will the boat even get on
plane with twin 90hp engines? Will I be able to see what's ahead of
me from the inside helm? Finally, any opinions on this boat, or known
common problems that I should look out for?

Get the Viking instead. It's a better boat and powered just about
right. Have the engines and hull surveyed in either case.