BoatBanter.com

-   -   Are 32' Mariner Ketch Rigged Sailboats "Blue Water Boats?" (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/160177-32-mariner-ketch-rigged-sailboats-blue-water-boats.html)

[email protected] February 21st 14 01:52 AM

Are 32' Mariner Ketch Rigged Sailboats "Blue Water Boats?"

I just purchased a mariner 32 1972 hull 37 named Aegir in Honolulu . We are the second owner and hope for the best and plan for the worst. That's all you can do wither old boats . The main mast has been replaced with aluminum , teak decks replaced with glass. She seams to be stout . Honolulu sucks gota go.

slide[_5_] February 21st 14 02:35 PM

On 2/20/2014 6:52 PM, wrote:
I just purchased a mariner 32 1972 hull 37 named Aegir in Honolulu . We are the second owner and hope for the best and plan for the worst. That's all you can do wither old boats . The main mast has been replaced with aluminum , teak decks replaced with glass. She seams to be stout . Honolulu sucks gota go.

IIRC, these are sound boats but condition rules. A boat that old can
have many issues which would make voyaging inadvisable. Did you get a
good survey?

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] February 21st 14 03:59 PM

Are 32' Mariner Ketch Rigged Sailboats "Blue Water Boats?"

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 17:52:17 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I just purchased a mariner 32 1972 hull 37 named Aegir in Honolulu . We are the second owner and hope for the best and plan for the worst. That's all you can do wither old boats . The main mast has been replaced with aluminum , teak decks replaced with glass. She seams to be stout . Honolulu sucks gota go.

OMG! Haven't you a carriage return on your keyboard?

[email protected] January 31st 17 06:19 AM

Are 32' Mariner Ketch Rigged Sailboats "Blue Water Boats?"

I was one of the original owners of this boat. If you are still interested, I would be happy to tell you what I know about her. We sailed her from California to Mexico, across to the Society Islands, Hawaii, Samoa, Tonga, Figi and Australia.