BoatBanter.com

-   -   Stupid, inept racing sailors!!!! (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/155325-stupid-inept-racing-sailors.html)

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· March 10th 13 08:13 PM

Stupid, inept racing sailors!!!!

San Francisco racing sailors give sailors in general a bad name.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-10-05-29-48

Negligence, stupidity, irresponsibility, ignorance and death.

--
Sir Gregory

Bruce in Bangkok[_17_] March 11th 13 10:47 AM

Stupid, inept racing sailors!!!!

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:13:41 -0400, " Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·"
åke wrote:

San Francisco racing sailors give sailors in general a bad name.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-10-05-29-48

Negligence, stupidity, irresponsibility, ignorance and death.

Wrong again. What gives sailors a bad name are the "trailer trash"
living in tiny yellow anchor buoys.

--
Cheers,

Bruce

Ian Malcolm[_2_] March 11th 13 11:21 AM

Stupid, inept racing sailors!!!!

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

åke wrote:

San Francisco racing sailors give sailors in general a bad name.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...EATH?SITE=AP&S
ECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-10-05-29-48

Negligence, stupidity, irresponsibility, ignorance and death.

Wrong again. What gives sailors a bad name are the "trailer trash"
living in tiny yellow anchor buoys.

I am sure that most of us have been out in worse in smaller craft. The
issue here is a brand new boat suffered steering failure in conditions
that reportedly were not that extreme - 8' waves and 25-30 Kt winds
shouldn't have been a problem for any 32' boat marketed for coastal use.

Its pointless to speculate or assign blame until the cause of the
steering failure can be determined. However I would be looking at the
organising clubs equipment requirements and at the manufacturer as much
as at the skipper and crew's experience and seamanship.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL

Richard[_4_] March 11th 13 01:17 PM

Stupid, inept racing sailors!!!!

On 3/11/2013 6:21 AM, Ian Malcolm wrote:
Bruce in wrote in
:

åke wrote:

[...]

With a weather eye on the current trend for super light construction?

Lew Hodgett[_6_] March 11th 13 08:17 PM

Stupid, inept racing sailors!!!!

San Francisco racing sailors give sailors in general a bad name.

Only off by about 300 miles.

Newport Beach YC sponsored the race, sailors were from
Oarnge County and San Diego area.

Lew