BoatBanter.com

-   -   Liability only insurance for the bahamas (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/130485-liability-only-insurance-bahamas.html)

Frogwatch[_2_] May 10th 11 06:59 PM

Liability only insurance for the bahamas

BOATUS will not sell me liability only insurance for my very old
sailboat for the bahamas. Their comprehensive policy requires that I
have her out of the water during hurricane season in the bahamas. My
boat , a 28' S2 is not worth much and losing her would not cause me
financial hardship but I do need liability coverage.
Can anybody suggest a company that will sell liability only insurance
for the bahamas?

Wayne B May 10th 11 11:37 PM

Liability only insurance for the bahamas

On Tue, 10 May 2011 10:59:41 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

BOATUS will not sell me liability only insurance for my very old
sailboat for the bahamas. Their comprehensive policy requires that I
have her out of the water during hurricane season in the bahamas. My
boat , a 28' S2 is not worth much and losing her would not cause me
financial hardship but I do need liability coverage.
Can anybody suggest a company that will sell liability only insurance
for the bahamas?

These guys in Ft Lauderdale write a lot of specialty marine insurance:

http://www.atlassinsurance.com/

You could also contact World Marine Underwriters in Lauderdale:

http://www.worldmu.com/

They do a lot of business with Atlas.

If all else fails, give this guy a call:

Al Golden,
410-827-3757 or
800-541-4647 toll free in USA & Canada

Al is very active on the trawler group and knows just about everthing
regarding marine insurance. You might even want to start with him.