Default Cannibal

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:03:28 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:53:17 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

Wilbur = Greg = Capt. Neal. That's common knowledge. I am no "spoofer".
Just
have a couple different NSP accounts in case one or the other goes on the
blink.

Wilbur Hubbard

Oh... ok. So, you're a Captain? That's cool. So, should I call you
Neal or Wil... sort of like Wil, but it's your name.

I even have a USCG Masters license. But, I let it expire last year because

snipped

Wilbur Hubbard

That really sounds impressive..... but wait a minute, you are talking
about an unlimited tonnage, foreign going, Masters Licence, aren't
you? Master of a VLCC or something like that? Or perhaps the so called
"6-pack" captain's license? The one that only asks you to say that you
have sea time and can be gotten by anyone who knows that Red is Right
(which doesn't server well outside the U.S) is willing to lie about
their experiences...?

Cheers,

Bruce

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:32:07 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:45:51 -0800, Jessica B
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:07:49 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:33:15 -0800, Jessica B
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:02:08 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

much snipped

Sorry, but I didn't understand even 1/2 of this. Maybe one should not
go sailing if you can't deal with the issues that come up, short of
being run over by a tanker or something?

Sounds pretty simple. Can you deal with a tsunami arrives with no
warning and kills some 5,000 people in your immediate area? A 60 MPH
squall that hits you at night?

Of course not. A couple of things occur to me. First, I thought a
tsunami was only dangerous near land. If that's the case, then how
could it do damage to a boat that's sailing offshore? Second, it seems
like you should be able to handle high winds. Wouldn't you be prepared
for that? Why are you sleeping when there's a storm going on?

It is what might be called a feat in simplification to say "Maybe one
should not go sailing if you can't deal with the issues that come up,
short of being run over by a tanker or something?" Actually being run
over by a tanker is probably the least likely thing to happen.

Ok.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:41:52 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snippage

Sorry, but I didn't understand even 1/2 of this. Maybe one should not
go sailing if you can't deal with the issues that come up, short of
being run over by a tanker or something?

What a breath of fresh air you are, girl! Short and sweet! No cluttered
thinking. You cut right to the quick. Impressive!

Wilbur Hubbard

Thanks again! I don't believe in clutter in whatever form it takes.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:53:36 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:50:08 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

I see this all the time. People are suppose to build to proper
standards, which makes sense, but as long as that happens, why hassle
someone over some minor bs? I'm not their fricken mother! It's just
about money. Sorry. On a rant. To address your point, yeah, seems like
there are 15 liberals per sq. ft. around here.

Considering your occupation, you must have it hammered into you day in and
day out how most people these days suffer from a lack of morals and ethics.
Doing a professional/competent job they can be proud of seems to be the last
thing on their minds. Cutting corners and producing a low quality product
doesn't seem to bother them. It's just another example of the degradation
that is liberal thinking.

Yeah, on some level I long for more of the commercial inspection. Some
of those rough and tough construction guys really know their stuff.
It's mostly them keeping the paperwork straight that's the biggest
problem. I'm not an engineer, so it's someone else's ultimate
responsibility to make sure the building doesn't fall down.

snip

Big Brother is definitely here. Nanny state, momma state etc. are all real
these days. Oh, and don't fear the sun. People need sun so their skin can
produce lots of vitamin D which is necessary for just about every bodily
function and even mental health. If one avoids the midday sun and enjoys
the
early morning and late afternoon sun, this skin cancer hyped-up crap is
nothing to worry about.

I'm not worried... I just burn really easily... very fair skin. I'm
not pale during the summer, but I'm don't tan well.

Burning is the worst thing for the skin so you're wise to avoid it.

On the other hand, women (one out of nine of them these days) need to
worry
more about breast cancer than skin cancer. Here's a clue. Stop with the
underarm anti-perspirants and deodorants. It is my learned opinion that
the
rise in breast cancer is directly due to this underarm
deodarant/anti-perspirant fetish.

I try to use natural products vs. that commercial stuff whenever
possible.

:-)

snip

I'm not so concerned with smell/odor as staining the clothes I have to
wear. It's a tradeoff I guess. Fortunately, there's very little
instance of cancer in my family. Just my uncle (throat), but he smoked
like a smoke stack.

Is it plain, natural sweat that stains or is it a combination of sweat and
deodorants that stain?

If it's a simple fabric like cotton (and you wash your clothes
regularly), then it won't stain from a little sweat... it just doesn't
look very pleasant. I mean if it's really hot out, well, that's
life... everyone is sweating, but I don't want to go around with dark
rings around the underarms of my dress or shirt!

Smoking IS gross! People who are addicted to smoking are so pathetic. I just
want to smack them and yell, "WAKE UP!"

It's this me, me, me crap I think. They look so "cool" when actually
they look like morons. How can you not think it's going to hurt you to
breathe in all that crap (I mean LA air) and on top of that breathe in
all cig smoke. Blech..

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:03:28 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

snip

Wilbur = Greg = Capt. Neal. That's common knowledge. I am no "spoofer".
Just
have a couple different NSP accounts in case one or the other goes on the
blink.

Wilbur Hubbard

Oh... ok. So, you're a Captain? That's cool. So, should I call you
Neal or Wil... sort of like Wil, but it's your name.

I even have a USCG Masters license. But, I let it expire last year because
the Big Brother bureaucrats decided it was no good without their dumb "TWIC"
card. (Transportation Workers ID card). They wanted me to jump through their
hoops and get finger printed and photographed again and stand in line at one
of their centers for half a day and pay them a hundred bucks more while they
processed forms etc. that were nothing but a duplicate of the forms they had
me fill out when getting the captain's license. What a joke! Make licensed
captains bear the brunt of their terrorist delusions while they ignore open
borders. They can shove their big brother crap against law-abiding citizens
(while they ignore the real terrorists) right up where the sun don't shine.

Whoa... you're a captain? That's so cool! That says a lot about you...
you have to pass all sorts of background checks if it's anything like
getting even a local government job like mine.

I don't get what's going on with the government... all this money
coming in, and the whole infrastructure seems to be falling apart. I
don't mind a few rules, but come on. Especially when it comes to
paperwork. You've already been through the checks, you've already
passed your exam (or whatever), so give the individual a break
already.

So, you can call me whatever you like. Whatever floats your boat, Jessica.
If I post using Wilbur Hubbard then Wil is just fine. Captain is good to
remind my many detractors of my status. Sweetheart would be good, too. LOL!

I like Captain.. as you say if it's nothing more than to annoy some
people. heh

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:19:19 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:34:19 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
snip

Willie the Pooh doesn't use all that effeminate stuff.... doesn't
****, shower or shave..... at least part of the reason he doesn't have
a girl on that boat (except for the cat).

Maybe I'll invite JessicaB for a little cruise when she needs a break from
the California lifestyle hassle. That girl seems to have ten times more
potential to be a competent sailor than either you or Joe. She sure has some
admirable mental qualities and is no liberal hypocrite like you two.

Wilbur Hubbard

This from a bloke that brags a photo of himself sitting in a tiny boat
petting a pussy?

With pretensions of being a political pundit now? Truly the land of
the fruits and the nuts.

As for being a sailor both Joe and I have at least some reason to call
ourselves a "sailor" as we have both sailed somewhere. Willie-the Poo,
conversely, has never sailed anywhere and rates himself an expert.

Cheers,

Bruce

Well Bruce.. I don't know if you're an expert or what. What I do know
is that the Captain seems to have some clear thoughts and
explanations, whereas you seemed to go on a bit and was confusing.

As to the political stuff... I live in the People's Republic of Santa
Monica. It's pretty out of control... former home to Tom (I'm a
radical) Hayden and Jane Fonda. Don't tell me about the momma may I
state. I live it every day!

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:34:52 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:39:35 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
snippage

Given that I have lived for more than half of my life in Asia I wonder
where you came up with your misconception that I ever intended to go
further.

You expect me to believe your goal was a Bangkok backwater? Yah, right!

But of course you don't have misconceptions you simply make it up,
unfortunately your blathering is simply "ignorance in action'.

Wilbur: The proper length for your dinghy oars is short enough to fit
inside the boat.

ONE of the attributes of a proper-length dinghy oar is that it fits into the
length of the dinghy. Get a clue and stop twisting my words.

snip

And, whatever happened to your kill file? It seems to have as many holes in
it as "Red Cloud's" transom. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

AS I previously mentioned, Willie doesn't have a clue and simply makes
things up. I do not keep a boat in Bangkok (Willie (the master mariner
obviously thinks "Bangkok" is a country), never have. The boat is
presently located at Phuket Island, Thailand. Previously it was at
Langkawi Island, Kedeh, Malaysia, and before that in the Singapore
Straits, where I anchored for three years.

I could regress even more but why bother as Willie-the master mariner
has never been over here, knows nothing about it, and I might as well
be writing Bucuresti, Trieste, or Vladivostok for all he knows.

Cheers,

Bruce

Please don't regress! I think you mean digress.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:47:36 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:39:35 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
snippage

Given that I have lived for more than half of my life in Asia I wonder
where you came up with your misconception that I ever intended to go
further.

You expect me to believe your goal was a Bangkok backwater? Yah, right!

But of course you don't have misconceptions you simply make it up,
unfortunately your blathering is simply "ignorance in action'.

Wilbur: The proper length for your dinghy oars is short enough to fit
inside the boat.

ONE of the attributes of a proper-length dinghy oar is that it fits into the
length of the dinghy. Get a clue and stop twisting my words.

I hadn't believed that you were actually as stupid as you just proved
yourself. I guess that proves that you should never underrate your
opponents abilities.

The "attribute" of an oar is that it reaches the water..... (Oars
originated for, and are still used today, as a devise to propel a boat
(through the water). Certainly it may have other attributes such as
weight, shape of blade, material of which it is made, etc, but fitting
inside the boat is not one of them.

Your argument is about as logical as saying that the mast should not
be longer then the length of the cockpit....because that
is where you want to keep it when you aren't using the sails.

Cheers,

Bruce

Ok... dumb question time... if the oar doesn't fit in the boat, what
the heck do you do with it when you're done using it? If you just
leave it hanging out, it seems to me it would get torn off or damaged.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 09:05:01 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:03:28 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Is that what you have? Just wondering.... not trying to start a
fight..

wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
[...]

Mine are in the oar bag.