BoatBanter.com

-   -   pink "RV and Marine" antifreeze okay to winterize with? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/121281-pink-rv-marine-antifreeze-okay-winterize.html)

langrish@. December 16th 10 04:19 PM

pink "RV and Marine" antifreeze okay to winterize with?

I'm guessing the pink "RV and Marine" antifreeze wouldn't be okay
to run in a closed cooling system with a radiator, but for just
winterizing a boat motor it's okay isn't it? It says it won't
hurt metal or plastic. Will it hurt gaskets or rings or anything?

Wayne.B December 16th 10 04:30 PM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:19:35 -0500, langrish@. wrote:

I'm guessing the pink "RV and Marine" antifreeze wouldn't be okay
to run in a closed cooling system with a radiator, but for just
winterizing a boat motor it's okay isn't it?

I used it for years when I lived in the North East with no problems.
Given the choice I'd recommend spending a little more and buying the
type rated at -100 degrees. My thinking is that even if it ends up
getting diluted by residual/trapped water, you still have an extra
margin of protection.