BoatBanter.com

-   -   Restore protect port light plastic trim (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/115341-restore-protect-port-light-plastic-trim.html)

Stephen Trapani May 6th 10 02:24 AM

Restore protect port light plastic trim

Before I use ArmorAll, can anyone recommend a good product for restoring
and protecting my 30 year old, plastic, port light exterior trim?

I have been happily replacing all the lenses on these Gray portlights
(instead of having to replace the entire port light), and have noticed
the exterior trim and frames being in decent shape, but dried out and
showing their age. Any suggestions?

Stephen

Capt. JG May 6th 10 05:26 AM

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
Before I use ArmorAll, can anyone recommend a good product for restoring
and protecting my 30 year old, plastic, port light exterior trim?

I have been happily replacing all the lenses on these Gray portlights
(instead of having to replace the entire port light), and have noticed the
exterior trim and frames being in decent shape, but dried out and showing
their age. Any suggestions?

Stephen

You might want to just replace the trim if that's possible. I replaced the
gasket on mine when I replaced the screens recently. I have Becksons.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink