BoatBanter.com

-   -   LORAN (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/114875-loran.html)

Bob April 4th 10 05:53 AM

LORAN

Offically dead.

the NOAa Marine Chart Division is taking all the loran lines off
charts.

Sorry all you geezers it really is DOA. So put that tinfoil hat on
cause you are now offically dependent on gps.... or that other way.
OMG !

Pennington RExroth
Dell Tech Support
Dutch John, Utah

[email protected] April 4th 10 02:41 PM

LORAN

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 21:53:29 -0700 (PDT), Bob wrote:
Offically dead.
the NOAa Marine Chart Division is taking all the loran lines off
charts.
Sorry all you geezers it really is DOA. So put that tinfoil hat on
cause you are now offically dependent on gps.... or that other way.
OMG !
Pennington RExroth
Dell Tech Support
Dutch John, Utah

Soooooo.... what am I bid for a Si-tex Model EZ-97 in "like new"
condition, w/Installation-operation manual?( original price $615 plus
tax),
Should make a nice looking antique to hang over the mantle piece.
Will consider trade for a "like new" tinfoil hat.

Rick

Wayne.B April 4th 10 03:26 PM

LORAN

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 08:41:47 -0500, lid wrote:

Soooooo.... what am I bid for a Si-tex Model EZ-97 in "like new"
condition, w/Installation-operation manual?( original price $615 plus
tax),
Should make a nice looking antique to hang over the mantle piece.
Will consider trade for a "like new" tinfoil hat.

Not too much since I've got a couple of 29 year old Northstar units
sitting around that were considered state-of-the-art in their day. One
is still on the boat but if I remove it I'll have to find something
else to fill the hole. :-)