BoatBanter.com

-   -   High Tides and How! (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/114811-high-tides-how.html)

hk March 30th 10 07:02 PM

High Tides and How!

Normally, the western shore of Chesapeake gets some pretty high spring
tides, with seawater spilling over onto the flatter shorelines, but this
year, the spring tides are bigger than ever. The spillovers are far
larger than any I recall...

I don't know the cause, but it is for real.

--
Conservatives - just pretend Obama's health care legislation is another
unnecessary war and you'll feel better about it.

Larry March 30th 10 11:56 PM

High Tides and How!

hk wrote in news:UrednW7g_-
:

I don't know the cause, but it is for real.

The land must be sinking......Sea level is where it always is in
Charleston, Harry.

Is any trash stuck in the Bridge Tunnel by the flush handle chain?

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry

Gordon March 31st 10 04:10 PM

High Tides and How!

hk wrote:
Normally, the western shore of Chesapeake gets some pretty high spring
tides, with seawater spilling over onto the flatter shorelines, but this
year, the spring tides are bigger than ever. The spillovers are far
larger than any I recall...

I don't know the cause, but it is for real.

Obviously the glaciers all melted and the sea level rose just as Al
predicted!
Gordon

Wilbur Hubbard March 31st 10 07:01 PM

High Tides and How!

"hk" wrote in message
Normally, the western shore of Chesapeake gets some pretty high spring
tides, with seawater spilling over onto the flatter shorelines, but this
year, the spring tides are bigger than ever. The spillovers are far larger
than any I recall...

It's because Mike Manners and his wife are swimming in the Chesapeake Bay.
His gut is THAT HUGE! Hers is even larger.

Wilbur Hubbard

Armond Perretta[_2_] April 2nd 10 11:24 AM

High Tides and How!

hk wrote:
Normally, the western shore of Chesapeake gets some pretty high spring
tides, with seawater spilling over onto the flatter shorelines, but
this year, the spring tides are bigger than ever. The spillovers are
far larger than any I recall...

I don't know the cause, but it is for real.

It's them [sic] damn Democrats. I know 'csuse I saw it on Fox News.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat