BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT, until you look at boat prices.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/114162-ot-until-you-look-boat-prices.html)

Larry February 28th 10 06:44 AM

OT, until you look at boat prices....

What does a trillion dollars look like?

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

Drowning in National Debt, your reporter:
--
Larry

Dennis Pogson[_2_] February 28th 10 09:35 AM

"Larry" wrote in message
What does a trillion dollars look like?

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

Drowning in National Debt, your reporter:
--
Larry

Simlar to a trillion pounds, but moreso!

KLC Lewis February 28th 10 02:35 PM

"Larry" wrote in message
What does a trillion dollars look like?

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

Drowning in National Debt, your reporter:
--
Larry

The answer is obvious: We need smaller currency.

--
KLC Lewis

WISCONSIN
Where It's So Cool Outside, Nobody Stays Indoors Napping
www.KLCLewisStudios.com

Keith nuttle February 28th 10 02:49 PM

On 2/28/2010 9:35 AM, KLC Lewis wrote:
wrote in message
What does a trillion dollars look like?

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

Drowning in National Debt, your reporter:
--
Larry

The answer is obvious: We need smaller currency.

We are getting a smaller currency. Not in size but in value. You can
not print a trillion dollars to cover the spending frenzy and keep the
value of the dollar the same as it was.

KLC Lewis February 28th 10 04:56 PM

"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message
We are getting a smaller currency. Not in size but in value. You can not
print a trillion dollars to cover the spending frenzy and keep the value
of the dollar the same as it was.

The USDollar isn't worth a Continental. But it is not the (sole) fault of
this particular administration. The dilution of our currency has been
ongoing for over a hundred years, and will continue to occur in the future
until the Dollar is either replaced or devalued; then the cycle can start
all over again. It cannot be otherwise while maintaining an economic system
where everyone has to make a "profit" on things (or even worse, mere
"concepts") which have no real increase in intrinsic value, if they ever had
any intrinsic value at all.

Nevertheless, my original joke stands.

tom[_3_] February 28th 10 06:08 PM

On Feb 28, 9:56*am, "KLC Lewis" wrote:
[...]

Well said. Good joke, too! Tom

Larry February 28th 10 06:08 PM

OT, until you look at boat prices....

Keith Nuttle wrote in news:hmdvqj$4j6$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

We are getting a smaller currency. Not in size but in value. You can
not print a trillion dollars to cover the spending frenzy and keep the
value of the dollar the same as it was.

Less than 3% of the outstanding "money" is actually printed, now. 97% of
the US Dollars only exist in the fantasy data of computers moving between
thieves over the data networks.

Fed has no way of actually printing ALL the "money" in circulation.

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry