Default The Antikythera Mechanism

The Antikythera Mechanism – that's the gears and stuff found in 1900
in a shipwreck from about 150-100 BC.

We'll start with the cool link with the pictures:
http://www.neatorama.com/2009/11/30/...-be-so-modern/
Scroll down, there's a video clip of the finished project.

and the 'home page' http://www.antikythera-mechanism.gr/

with links to radiographic scans, and other fun things.

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:21:39 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

The Antikythera Mechanism ? that's the gears and stuff found in 1900
in a shipwreck from about 150-100 BC.

We'll start with the cool link with the pictures:
http://www.neatorama.com/2009/11/30/...-be-so-modern/
Scroll down, there's a video clip of the finished project.

and the 'home page' http://www.antikythera-mechanism.gr/

with links to radiographic scans, and other fun things.

Lots of cool stuff.
Personally, I suspect the Antikythera Mechanism was the dialing part
of a cell phone. The ancients didn't have the technology to develop
the rubber push buttons we have now.

--Vic