BoatBanter.com

-   -   Weather map? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/112291-weather-map.html)

cavelamb December 14th 09 05:29 AM

Weather map?

Anybody know what that purple thing connecting the two Lows over California
is called? I don't think I've ever see than symbol before...

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/...dex_large.html

Wayne.B December 14th 09 05:54 AM

Weather map?

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:29:27 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Anybody know what that purple thing connecting the two Lows over California
is called? I don't think I've ever see than symbol before...

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/...dex_large.html

It's called an occluded front, (when a cold front overtakes a warm
front):

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/guides/...ifs/ofdef2.gif

Capt. JG December 14th 09 05:58 AM

Weather map?

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Anybody know what that purple thing connecting the two Lows over
California
is called? I don't think I've ever see than symbol before...

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/...dex_large.html

Bad.

--
"j" ganz @@