BoatBanter.com

-   -   Food storage (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/112190-food-storage.html)

[email protected] December 8th 09 09:22 PM

Food storage

Has anyone tried using the snap lock storage systems? I'm interested
in how well they work in tropical environments for flour and such.

[email protected] December 9th 09 01:13 AM

Food storage

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 12:22:57 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Has anyone tried using the snap lock storage systems? I'm interested
in how well they work in tropical environments for flour and such.

I doubt you will get many opinions unless you are more specific about
what product you are asking about. Is "snap lock storage systems" a
brand name? If so, you didn't even capitalize it.

Is there a website for the product you are intested in that we might
use as a reference? That might help get some responses.

[email protected] December 9th 09 02:04 AM

Food storage

I'm sorry I didn't specify. I'm talking about something like the
Lock&Lock systems. They can be seen at http://www.locknlock.com.au/

I've seen them available in the US at Target, Walmart, and the cooking
stores. I'm just wondering if anyone has used them for storing food
on their boat, and what they thought of them.

Bil December 9th 09 06:40 AM

Food storage

On Dec 9, 9:04*am, kuljah wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't specify. *I'm talking about something like the
Lock&Lock systems. *They can be seen athttp://www.locknlock.com.au/

I've seen them available in the US at Target, Walmart, and the cooking
stores. *I'm just wondering if anyone has used them for storing food
on their boat, and what they thought of them.

Yup. Use L&L all the time. Even store my PACTOR modem in one. No hinge
fatique yet.

The market has a few imitators. Not all are as good. With one
imitator, I found that water (used when washing the container lid)
would seep under the sealing gasket. Genuine Korean-made L&L doesn't
do that.

Cheers

TheRealSteve December 9th 09 01:47 PM

Food storage

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:04:15 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I'm sorry I didn't specify. I'm talking about something like the
Lock&Lock systems. They can be seen at http://www.locknlock.com.au/

I've seen them available in the US at Target, Walmart, and the cooking
stores. I'm just wondering if anyone has used them for storing food
on their boat, and what they thought of them.

I have one of these:
http://www.google.com/products/catal...3378778979370#
but with the Lock & Lock brand name instead of itouchless. It's the
exact same thing though, an automatic vacuum fresh food box that pumps
the air out each time you close the lid with an electric vacuum pump.

If you have countertop room on the boat, it should work great. I make
my own bread with no preservatives and it stays fresh for as long as
it takes me to eat a loaf, at least a few days.