BoatBanter.com

-   -   Can anybody ID this brand of sailboat? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/111972-can-anybody-id-brand-sailboat.html)

Wayne.B November 28th 09 12:54 AM

Can anybody ID this brand of sailboat?

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:18:50 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 07:18:51 -0800 (PST), "Capt.Bill"
wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmarella/3955968513/

It's a C&C

It is not! It's a Seidelmann 299.

Don't thinks it's a C&C. It has the black slotted toe rail like most
C&Cs but it does not have the trademark C&C star logo. CS in Canada
built a lot of boats like that with slotted aluminum but most are
silver anodized instead of black. Many Seidelmans have black
toerails but they don't usually carry it across the transom.

[email protected] November 28th 09 01:09 AM

Can anybody ID this brand of sailboat?

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:54:17 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:18:50 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmarella/3955968513/

It's a C&C

It is not! It's a Seidelmann 299.

Don't thinks it's a C&C. It has the black slotted toe rail like most
C&Cs but it does not have the trademark C&C star logo. CS in Canada
built a lot of boats like that with slotted aluminum but most are
silver anodized instead of black. Many Seidelmans have black
toerails but they don't usually carry it across the transom.

It HAS the the C&C logo. Look again, but this time at the full sized
version of the photo. It does not look at all like any Seidelmann.
It's a C&C 29 Mark 2.

Wayne.B November 28th 09 02:07 AM

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:09:38 -0500, wrote:

It HAS the the C&C logo. Look again, but this time at the full sized
version of the photo. It does not look at all like any Seidelmann.
It's a C&C 29 Mark 2.

I agree there's a strong resemblence, particularly the unusual way
that the cockpit coaming notches forward into the cabin side. I wish
the "star" were more distinct however and I can't find any other
pictures of 29s with the slotted toerail across the top of the
transom. There may be variations between model years I suppose.

[email protected] November 28th 09 02:14 AM

Can anybody ID this brand of sailboat?

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:07:22 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:09:38 -0500, wrote:

It HAS the the C&C logo. Look again, but this time at the full sized
version of the photo. It does not look at all like any Seidelmann.
It's a C&C 29 Mark 2.

I agree there's a strong resemblence, particularly the unusual way
that the cockpit coaming notches forward into the cabin side. I wish
the "star" were more distinct however and I can't find any other
pictures of 29s with the slotted toerail across the top of the
transom. There may be variations between model years I suppose.

Wayne - Go back to the picture. above the picture is a little button
to view the picture in other sizes. Select "Original Size" The C&C
logo couldn't be any clearer. It is, as I said, a C&C 29 Mark 2. I'm
not saying, "maybe it's a C&C". I'm not guessing. It "IS" a C&C. The
one thing on it that is not original is the two opening ports in front
of the main trapizoidal portlight. The boat came from the factory with
only one opening port up there.

Wayne.B November 28th 09 08:18 PM

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:14:04 -0500, wrote:

Wayne - Go back to the picture. above the picture is a little button
to view the picture in other sizes. Select "Original Size" The C&C
logo couldn't be any clearer.

Yes.

Apparently I was on the "large" size previously instead of "original".