BoatBanter.com

-   -   shipyard in ixtapa, mex or surrounds? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/111693-shipyard-ixtapa-mex-surrounds.html)

ray lunder[_16_] November 17th 09 01:01 AM

shipyard in ixtapa, mex or surrounds?

I suck at the internet anymore. Anyone know where there's a current
list of shipyards on this part of the mex coast? Ideally I could live
aboard, do my own work, use their shower and pay by the day. I don't
mind paying for their overpriced supplies and I don't expect to borrow
their tools or ask their advice. Any idea of rates? I need pressure
wash/bottom paint and engine mount repair/alignment. No, my spanish is
not very good.
p.s. anyone ever get hassled for tbt paint or traces when they checked
back into usa? Thanks as always, rl.

Len[_2_] November 17th 09 01:58 PM

On 17 nov, 01:01, ray lunder wrote:

p.s. anyone ever get hassled for tbt paint or traces when they checked
back into usa? Thanks as always, rl.

I have been asking the same question. I wated to put the tributyl tin
paint on my bottom. Every American cruiser I spoke to, told me that
the marine officials do not have a clue... For what it's worth...

Fair winds, Len.

mmc November 20th 09 10:50 PM

"ray lunder" wrote in message
I suck at the internet anymore. Anyone know where there's a current
list of shipyards on this part of the mex coast? Ideally I could live
aboard, do my own work, use their shower and pay by the day. I don't
mind paying for their overpriced supplies and I don't expect to borrow
their tools or ask their advice. Any idea of rates? I need pressure
wash/bottom paint and engine mount repair/alignment. No, my spanish is
not very good.
p.s. anyone ever get hassled for tbt paint or traces when they checked
back into usa? Thanks as always, rl.

Can't help you Ray, but good to hear from you.