BoatBanter.com

-   -   Labor Day Sail for Heart of Gold (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/109619-labor-day-sail-heart-gold.html)

Capt. Rob September 9th 09 12:32 AM

Labor Day Sail for Heart of Gold

Owning a boat is great!

Thomas and I slept aboard Friday and Saturday. Labor day was a "no
sail day" but we ended up at City Island for dinner and then ran into
another crew....and before you could say "Beneteau 35s5!" we ran our
boats out for a quick late afternoon sail in light to moderate air!

http://ghostlight.zenfolio.com/p8612...show#h126a79e3

Cheers,

RB
35s5
NY

Wilbur Hubbard September 9th 09 07:31 PM

Labor Day Sail for Heart of Gold

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Owning a boat is great!

How would you know about owning a boat? Haven't you admitted Heart of Gold
is in your wife's name?

Wilbur Hubbard

Capt. Rob September 10th 09 01:00 PM

Labor Day Sail for Heart of Gold

On Sep 9, 9:44 am, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:
nice shots...good sail shape......

Thanks!

This may be the last full season for the Kevlar main. It's showing
some wear now and it was originally cut a bit deep for my tastes. Mark
at Doyle will probably make me something better for next season.

Cheers,

RB
35s5
NY

~^ beancounter ~^ September 10th 09 04:52 PM

Labor Day Sail for Heart of Gold

nice......i'll bet it's a pretty penny for a new
kevlar main......i am partial to north sails...
having worked there in my past and "gettin'
my wife there".. ‹(•¿•)›

cheers ... happy sailin'

~~~_/)~~~~_/)~~~_/)~~~~_/)~~~_/)~~~~_/)~~~~~

~^ beancounter ~^ September 10th 09 04:53 PM

l@@ks nice from here ( colorado )

Edgar September 10th 09 07:41 PM

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
On Sep 9, 9:44 am, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:
nice shots...good sail shape......

Thanks!

This may be the last full season for the Kevlar main. It's showing
some wear now and it was originally cut a bit deep for my tastes. Mark
at Doyle will probably make me something better for next season.

Try not to get a black one next time!

Capt. Rob September 12th 09 03:11 PM

On Sep 10, 2:41 pm, "Edgar" wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

On Sep 9, 9:44 am, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:
nice shots...good sail shape......

Thanks!

This may be the last full season for the Kevlar main. It's showing
some wear now and it was originally cut a bit deep for my tastes. Mark
at Doyle will probably make me something better for next season.

Try not to get a black one next time!

LOL. I may just go with standard materials this time. But the nice
thing about the black main is that when we meet friends out on the
water we're easy to spot!

RB
35s5
NY

Wilbur Hubbard September 12th 09 03:26 PM

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

LOL. I may just go with standard materials this time. But the nice
thing about the black main is that when we meet friends out on the
water we're easy to spot!

Badly trimmed, backed or luffing sails of any color are always easily
noticed. (As in, "Just look at THAT idiot!")

Wilbur Hubbard