BoatBanter.com

-   -   I suppose I should ask a lawyer - re salvage (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/108334-i-suppose-i-should-ask-lawyer-re-salvage.html)

npro[_2_] August 2nd 09 12:24 PM

I suppose I should ask a lawyer - re salvage

Anyone familiar with marine salvage contracts? I contracted (written)
with a mainstream salvage company who decided to abrogate the contract
after we all signed and they took payment. Verbally they said they
were taking possession of a wreck but then changed their mind. The
contract calls for them to "take possession and dispose." There are
several "No cure/No pay" provisions and there was a fixed price.