BoatBanter.com

-   -   Don't Try This at Home (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/107689-dont-try-home.html)

Wayne.B July 8th 09 03:21 PM

Don't Try This at Home

http://tinyurl.com/n82lkn

Capt. JG July 8th 09 04:49 PM

Don't Try This at Home

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/n82lkn

Holy sh*t... but, what's the point of the fenders???? I know... seagulls!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Wilbur Hubbard July 8th 09 05:22 PM

Don't Try This at Home

wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 08:49:46 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
. ..

http://tinyurl.com/n82lkn

Holy sh*t... but, what's the point of the fenders???? I know... seagulls!

Style points!

(Actually I think they expected the boat to go over on that side, not
that those fenders were going to do much)

Idiots! That's an obvious Photoshop job. Look at the lighthouse. There is no
evidence of a high tide mark anywhere on it. And the rocks - no marine
growth on them at all. They look clean, dry and sun baked. You fools are no
sailors.

Wilbur Hubbard

Wayne.B July 8th 09 05:36 PM

Don't Try This at Home

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:22:27 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/n82lkn

Holy sh*t... but, what's the point of the fenders???? I know... seagulls!

Style points!

(Actually I think they expected the boat to go over on that side, not
that those fenders were going to do much)

Idiots! That's an obvious Photoshop job. Look at the lighthouse. There is no
evidence of a high tide mark anywhere on it. And the rocks - no marine
growth on them at all. They look clean, dry and sun baked. You fools are no
sailors.

Wilbur, you are losing it, or at least losing your eye sight. There
are clearly visible tide marks on the light house base which appear to
coincide closely with the waterline of the boat.

At least three news organizations carried the story:

http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&q=Arthur+Manning+yacht

Capt. JG July 8th 09 05:44 PM

Don't Try This at Home

wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 08:49:46 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
. ..

http://tinyurl.com/n82lkn

Holy sh*t... but, what's the point of the fenders???? I know... seagulls!

Style points!

(Actually I think they expected the boat to go over on that side, not
that those fenders were going to do much)

Looks like it! I finally spoke with this guy...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Nice enough. He told me that he "only takes the boat out when there's light
wind, under 10kts," which in this area means early in the morning or
significantly after sunset (and he doesn't sail at night). I saw him out
there a couple of weeks ago mid-afternoon. It was blowing about 15kts...
beautiful day, flat water, and he was motoring back at get-there speed from
Angel Island. He'd been picnicing on the island.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Wilbur Hubbard July 8th 09 06:53 PM

Don't Try This at Home

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:22:27 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 08:49:46 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
m...

[...]

They got duped. You don't actually think that boat is just going to sit
there upright on its keel, do you?

Wilbur Hubbard

Joe July 8th 09 06:54 PM

Don't Try This at Home

On Jul 8, 10:49*am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/n82lkn

Holy sh*t... but, what's the point of the fenders???? I know... seagulls!

--
"j" ganz

When the tide returned and a rescue/salvage vessel moves along side to
remove the vessel he has fenders in place.

Joe

D K[_17_] July 9th 09 12:50 AM

Don't Try This at Home

Wayne.B wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/n82lkn

That's a tide!

Eisboch July 9th 09 12:55 AM

Don't Try This at Home

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/n82lkn

Give the guy that did the structural analysis on the keel a raise.

Eisboch