BoatBanter.com

-   -   Hatch and portlight gasket for Mason 43 (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/104844-hatch-portlight-gasket-mason-43-a.html)

[email protected] May 12th 09 08:30 PM

Hatch and portlight gasket for Mason 43

I'm looking for the "right stuff" to replace the portlight gaskets on
our Mason 43 sailboat (built by PAE in 1982).

I'm also looking for the "right stuff" to replace the hatch gaskets -
same boat.

Does anyone have proven recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian.

mickey May 13th 09 04:33 PM

On May 12, 4:23*pm, "Rooney" wrote:
" wrote in message

I'm looking for the "right stuff" to replace the portlight gaskets on
our Mason 43 sailboat (built by PAE in 1982).

I'm also looking for the "right stuff" to replace the hatch gaskets -
same boat.

Does anyone have proven recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian.

3M 5200

*chuckle*

Portlight gaskets – if you look long and hard you can find a "Y"
gasket that perko makes for their portlights. You're better off with
1/4 inch gasket from an auto store.
Hatches: I used some weatherproofing rubber stuff from Ace.

This is on a 1980 Cabo Rico