BoatBanter.com

-   -   Night vision scope - I bought the $99 Harbor Freight unit (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/10427-night-vision-scope-i-bought-%2499-harbor-freight-unit.html)

Wally July 23rd 04 05:12 PM

Night vision scope - I bought the $99 Harbor Freight unit

I tried it out around the neighborhood last night - worked better than
I expected for $99. It's not great but I figure I got my money's worth
for a sometimes useful cruising item.

It uses 2 x AA cells and the on button is timed - unit stays on about
30 sec when pushed so you won't forget to turn it off and kill the
batteries.

Paul Schilter July 23rd 04 09:44 PM

Night vision scope - I bought the $99 Harbor Freight unit

Wally,
Glad you were pleased with your purchase. I bought a few item from
Harbor Freight. Some items were okay others disappointing. They had a set
of wrenches marked Pittsburg Forge, turned out they were from China and
weren't sized correctly, they didn't cost a lot so I threw them out, guess
you get what you pay for.
Paul